Thursday, October 27, 2011

Zucchini Casserole (That Tastes Good!)

6 c. zucchini, diced (I used about 5 small zucchini)
1/2 c. onion, diced
1 c. carrots, shredded
1 c. sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c. margarine, melted
1 pkg. Stovetop Stuffing (I used Kroger brand)

Cook zucchini and onions in water until tender. Mix carrots, sour cream and soup together well. Melt butter and add to the stuffing mix. Spread half the misture in a 9.13 pan. Mix the zucchini and onion with the sour cream mixture and spread on to of the stuffing. Top with the remaining stuffing. Bake @ 350 for 25 minutes (or in the microwave for 5-6 min). Serves 8.

Price Guesstimate: $5-ish

Steph's Comments: The only reason I even tried this recipe is because it was in my husband's cousins "favorite recipes" cookbook (see here), so it had to be good, right? And it WAS! Honestly, it doesn't sound that good (to me) an doesn't look that good (to me) but it was TASTY! I will definitely make this again come next zucchini season. Now I get why she put it in her book! :) Thanks Allie!

No comments:

Post a Comment