Thursday, September 15, 2011

Just Like Cafe Rio Black Beans

1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. cumin
2 Tbs olive oil
1/3 c. tomato juice
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbs fresh chopped cilantro

Cook garlic and cumin in olive oil over medium heat until you can smell it. Add beans, tomato juice, and salt. Continually stir until heated through. Just before serving stir in the cilantro.

Price Guesstimate: $1 :)

Steph's Comments: I got this recipe out of my cousin Allie's cookbook (that she sells, by the way, here). It's a great, quick dinner... throw these beans on a tortilla with cheese and sour cream and salsa... yum. (I also love to broil my tortillas with cheese on top so they're crunchy and the cheese is metled!)

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking yesterday that I wanted to find a recipe for these! And here it is! Awesome, thanks Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I made them with the tortillas broiled and everything like you said, and it was tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete