Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Olive Garden's Capellini Pomodoro

14 oz capellini pasta (angel hair)
8 medium tomatoes, cut into ½” pieces
11 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
6 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Top with Parmesan Cheese

Cook capellini pasta according to package directions. Mix diced tomatoes, chopped basil, garlic and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Drain pasta. Toss pasta with tomato mixture in a sauté pan and heat throughout. Serve immediately.

Price Guesstimate: $3-4

Steph's Comments: Oh my goodness I love this recipe! I got it off of Olive Garden's web site. I love it because it's CHEAP and so, so, so good. I change a few things when I make this: 1. I use dried basil and just throw it in 'til it looks good to me (I love basil so I add a lot); 2. I sometimes throw in some other spices - oregano or such; 3. I sometimes throw in some kind of meat - like chicken or sausage or ground beef, but it's good without it. Enjoy this - it's fast, cheap, and deee-licious.

No comments:

Post a Comment