Thursday, October 13, 2011

Whole Wheat Waffles

2 eggs
2 c. buttermilk (or 2 c. milk and 2 TB lemon juice/vinegar)
2 c whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c. oil

Mix wet and dry ingredients separately, then gradually add dry to wet. Do not overfill waffle iron. Top with syrup, peanut butter, whip cream & berries, yogurt & bananas, or whatever else you like!

Price Guesstimate: $1 or so

Steph's Comments: I got this recipe from my Aunt Mary Ann, and it's a great one. I love breakfast for dinner, and these waffles are great for that because they are super filling and have more nutrition than white flour waffles. They are also quite tasty! They're not very SWEET, so if want them to be sweet them top them with something sweet. :) I like it not too sweet because I feel like I'm eating more a meal than a dessert. They also make a great snack for the kiddos. Enjoy these!

No comments:

Post a Comment