Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Guiltless Alfredo Sauce

2 cups low-fat milk
1/3 c. (3 oz) low-fat cream cheese
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp butter
3 garlic cloves, minced (I used 2)
1 cup freshly grated Paremsan cheese (I used the in-the-can powder stuff, and it does make it SLIGHTLY lumpy, but totally worked)

In a blender, blend the milk, cream cheese, flour, and salt until smooth and set aside. In a large saucepan melt butter on medium-high heat and add the garlic. Saute garlic for about 30 seconds. Add the milk mixture to the pan, stir constantly until it comes to a simmer (about 3-4 min). Keep stirring and let it cook for a few more minutes until it thickens (another 3-4 min). Once the sauce has thickened, remove from heat. Whisk the cheese into the sauce and immediately cover the pan. Let sit for 10 minutes and then serve over noodles or with chicken or whatever you desire! (I could just eat it PLAIN!)

Price Guesstimate: $3-ish

Steph's Comments: Oh my goodness this is DELICIOUS! I could NOT believe that is was a lower-fat Alfredo sauce because it was SO good. I served it with chicken and linguini - yum. I got this recipe from Our Best Bites: Mormon Moms in the Kitchen, which is currently my obsession. I am LOVING it!

No comments:

Post a Comment